At the dawn of the Industrial Revolution and the advent of Electricity, the entrepreneurial Carrière Brothers reinvented candle-making.
In 1884 they decided to buy the Manufacture Royale des Cires [Royal Wax Manufacturer], known today as Cire Trudon. Ingeniously, they expanded their range's religious use to include candles as decorative objects: a new generation of candles were placed on dinner tables or favoured during festive evenings. Fascinated by the discoveries of 18th & 19th century Botanists, the pair set out to create the highest quality, single-scented botanical candles which were as true to freshly picked as possible. As early as 1889, the brothers were awarded a Gold Medal at the Universal Exhibition Paris, a World's Fair. Carrière Frères has been official supplier to the Basilique du Sacré Coeur in Paris ever since. Today, Carrière Frères candles are luxury-crafted in their own Normandy factory in France.
Carrière Frères products are available exclusively in Adelaide at The Florilegium Gallery, North Adelaide.